Tuesday, April 22, 2014

New Pastel Piece

 
 
This is my most recent soft pastel piece and was completed at the end of February.  I'm working on a title for it, so it's still just "Girl on the Beach", which is way too generic.  At 19 x 24 inches, it is the largest work I've done to date.  Please let me know what you think!

I have finished several new graphite pieces over the long, long winter and will be posting them periodically to my blog in the near future.  There are a few pieces that were commissions, but the majority of them are available for purchase.  If certain pieces get a favorable response I may have prints made that are also available at a substantially reduced price than the original.

Just to let those who are interested know, I had been working with oil painting in 2012.  That spring I had a severe reaction to them and had to stop using them.  I tried acrylics and had a reaction with them also.  I was so bummer about having to give them up that I quit making anything except the occasional commission piece.  I wanted to add color to my work in the worst way, so this last fall I decided to dive into pastels and resumed creating graphite drawings again.  I need to practice and refine my technique, but I can see a future using them to create large portrait, figurative and landscape pieces.  So, now it's off to work on a new idea!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You're blogging!! Congrats and keep pushing forward, I love that you talk about your process and where you are headed! Keep it up! From someone who has seen this piece (and others) in person, this is AWESOME work. You are a very talented artist!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...