Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Findlay Area Artists/Toledo Museum of Art Olitsky Challenge


Last week I learned about the Findlay Area Artists/Toledo Museum of Art Olitsky Challenge.  It allows for those of use who live or have lived in Findlay to create a work that uses multiple colors in an abstract way in the style that we are used to.  I tend to work in a realistic style creating portraits or figurative works, so I substituted color for shade value in a pastel piece.  I like to work in pastel because they blend well, but they are SO messy.  I intentionally left some hard/found edges to give it a more abstract feel.  Another upside to this entry is that it allows for 2 other works to be shown at the TMA, so I already have the two other items in mind that will go along with the pastel work if it is chosen to be in the show.  Fingers are crossed!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Fred! I've seen your beautiful work on Kristen's FB page. You are so talented! Great to see you on Blogger now, too! Best wishes to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darla! I appreciate the kind words! FB has been great for getting to meet other artists and for getting my art into the public eye, but a blog should let me talk about the art a little more. Kristen has been a wealth of information and a big help in walking me through the blogger start up steps.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...